Below students can find links to water related internships, scholarships and awards. And don't forget to check out the sidebar for water-related volunteer opportunities and university student groups around the State.
Internships via Ohio WRC
Water Programs at Ohio Universities
- Heidelberg - Check out Heidelberg University's National Center for Water Quality Research, especially their list of staff and faculty, who may be able to guide you into an undergraduate or graduate trajectory that emphasizes water.
- Ohio Sea Grant - Stone Laboratory - the Lake Erie teaching and research laboratory of the Ohio Sea Grant College Program with course offerings during teh summer.
- OSU - Pursue a Master's of Science or Ph.D. in Environmental Science, with a focus on Water Issues through OSU's interdisciplinary Environmental Science Graduate Program.
- OSU - Ohio State's Environmental Sciences Network has a list of water resources available at the university. Learn more here.
- OSU - Ohio State's has a variety of environmental undergraduate degree programs that offer a curriculum including water resources.
- OU - Ohio University has a Water Resources and Environmental Engineering program, with course listings for both graduates and undergraduates.
- OU - Learn more about Ohio University's Consortium for Energy, Economics, & the Environment's Water Program, affiliated with the Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs.
- UC - Water quality research is being conducted within University of Cincinnati's Environmental Engineering & Sciences program. Click here for more information and a list of interested faculty.
- UT - University of Toledo's Lake Erie Center has a number of staff supporting graduate students interested in conducting water research in a variety of topics.
- Marietta - Marietta College has a Water Resources Management track for undergraduates in their Environmental Science Studies Program.
- CSU - Within Central State University's College of Science and Engineering is the Department of Water Resources Management, with four academic programs for undergraduates.
- MU - Miami University's Center for Aquatic & Watershed Sciences, housed within the College of Arts and Sciences, provides course recommendations for students interested in water research.
American Water Works Association Scholarship
Brown and Caldwell Scholarship
Ohio EPA Scholarship
Ohio Farm Bureau Scholarship
Sea Grant Knauss Fellowship for Graduate Students
Sierra Club Clean Water Fellowship
Soil and Water Conservation Society Scholarships